These JoJo-style fries are a well-loved summertime staple at the Ranchito. They are well-seasoned and delicious plain, or served with fry sauce, ketchup, or your favorite aioli.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (or substitute regular paprika)
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (like Lawry’s or Johnny’s)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into 4 equal wedges so you end up with 8 wedges per potato.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a large, microwave-safe bowl and stir to combine. Add potato wedges and toss by hand, making sure the potatoes are evenly coated. Microwave on high 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Preheat grill to a medium flame. Grill 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Remove from grill and serve immediately.