- The Sunday Dinner Revival - http://thesundaydinnerrevival.com -
Recipe : Creamy Poblano Chile and Corn Soup
1. First, roast the poblano peppers. You can either place the pepper over a gas grill or gas burner, or beneath the broiler. Use tongs to rotate the pepper until all sides are evenly charred and blistered. Place peppers in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap to allow the peppers to steam. When cool enough to handle, peel away and discard the charred skin and seeds. Cut peppers into a small dice.
2. Tear the tortillas into pieces and place in food processor to chop fine. Add the flour, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the tortillas become the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Set aside.
3. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the oil, onion, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent. Add diced poblano and corn, and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Add the butter and allow it to melt before adding the ground tortilla mixture. Stir to combine, and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Immediately add the chicken broth while stirring, being sure to scrape any sticky bits from bottom and sides of pan. Bring to a simmer, and let bubble lightly for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half and half or heavy cream, and whisk vigorously to blend. Add shredded cheese, and stir until melted and soup is heated through. Do not let soup boil after adding cream. Taste and adjust seasonings. Keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Article printed from The Sunday Dinner Revival: http://thesundaydinnerrevival.com
Copyright © 2011 The Sunday Dinner Revival. All rights reserved.